*Under development – please post any recommendations as comments*
A Resource Bank for Evaluations of Programs and Projects
Be Active Kids
• Dunn C, et al. (2001). Be Active Kids: A nutrition and physical education program for four- and five-year-olds. The Forum for Family and Consumer Issues, 6(3).
Color Me Healthy
• Dunn C, et al. (2004). Color me healthy, preschoolers moving and eating healthfully. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, 36(6): 327-8.
• Williams CL, et al. (2002). “Healthy-Start”: Outcome of an intervention to promote a heart healthy diet in preschool children. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 21(1): 62-71.
Nutrition and Physical Activity Self-Assessment for Child Care
• Ward DS, et al. (2008). Nutrition and physical activity in child care: Results from an environmental intervention. American Journal of Preventative Medicine, 35(4): 352-56.
• Bluford DA, et al. (2005). Interventions to prevent or treat obesity in preschool children: A review of evaluated programs. Obesity, 15(6): 1356-72.