The Role of Childcare Settings
- California Child Care Resource and Referral Network (2007). California Child Care Portfolio: State and county basics [BRIEF]
- CFPA, UC Berkeley Center for Weight and Health (2008). Survey of nutrition and physical activity in licensed child care settings in California.
- CFPA, PHFE-WIC, CCFP Roundable (2008). It’s 12 O’clock…What are our preschoolers eating for lunch? An assessment of nutrition and nutrition environment in licensed child care in Los Angeles County. [EXECUTIVE SUMMARY]
- Nicklas TA, et al. Family and child-care provider influences on preschool children’s fruit, juice, and vegetable consumption. Nutrition Reviews, 59(7): 224-35.
- Pate R, et al. (2004). Physical Activity Among Children Attending Preschools. Pediatrics, 114(5): 1258-63.
- Story M, et al. (2006). The role of child care settings in obesity prevention. The Future of Children, 16(1): 143-68.
The Rise of Early Childhood Overweight and Obesity
- California Center for Public Health Advocacy (2005). Child overweight rates on the rise in California Assembly districts. [SUMMARY]
- CFPA (2000). The importance of nutrition for health and disease prevention in children ages 0-6. [BROKEN]
- National Initiative for Children’s Healthcare Quality, Childhood Obesity Action Network. California state obesity fact sheet.
- Taylor et al. (2009). Longitudinal study of physical activity and inactivity in preschoolers: The FLAME study. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 41(1): 96-102. [ABSTRACT] http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19092702 [PAY FOR ARTICLE]